- Carry your wallet in an inside jacket pocket or side trouser pocket, never in the rear pocket.
- Carry pocketbooks in the bend of your elbow, held close to your body. If there is a long strap, wrap it around the bag. Carry credit cards and cash in your pockets.
- Keep pocketbooks on your lap when dining out, not dangling over the back of a chair. Avoid placing pocketbooks on hooks on the back of a fitting room or bathroom door, where someone can easily reach over and removed them.
- Leave valuables and important papers, such as jewelry and passports, secured in your hotel’s safe deposit box. Never leave these items unattended in your room or carry large sums of cash on your person.
- Be wary of unexpected persons coming to your hotel room. Never open the door to unsolicited room service or maintenance people. Contact the front desk if you have any doubts.
- If you schedule a meeting with a potential client, research the company and the individual with whom you are meeting. Meet in a public place, such as a restaurant.
- Make sure that luggage is only given to a member of the hotel’s bell staff and a receipt is issued for stored luggage. Never leave luggage or other expensive items, unattended at airports or taxi stands.
- Kindly contact on counter “May I help you” available in “Arrival Hall” at airport for help and guidance.
- Prefer pre-paid Taxi Booth for hired transportation, since it is governed by DELHI TRAFFIC POLICE. In this system you have to pay in advance for Taxi Fare which is already approved by Delhi Transport Authority, Govt. of India for each destination in Delhi
- Adequate number of police officers are deputed in proper uniform outside the Arrival Hall and parking area. You can contact nearest police officer to intimate about undesirable elements and touts in your observation. However, police is taking utmost care, vigilance and surveillance over these elements, still it is felt that we can eliminate these elements effectively with passengers active participation in the drive.
- In addition to above, police officers in plain clothes are also deputed to keep watch on suspicious movements. Therefore, you should never entertain the touts and unscrupulous persons to avoid harassment.
- Preplan your destination in Delhi regarding your stay and tourism in Delhi. Never take advice of Taxi Drivers regarding your stay/tourism in Delhi. Please strict to believe the information of Police Officers, “May I help you” counter, or any other Govt. recognised information Centres like Delhi Tourism, DTC, etc.
- If you face any harassment or law and order problem in Delhi, you can dial 100 number from nearest telephone for police assistance.